Leonotis Nepetifolia (Klip Dagga) Flower Petals
Experience the natural sweetness and calming effects of Leonotis Nepetifolia, also known as Klip Dagga or lion’s ear. At Wisdom of Plants Institute, we offer the highest quality Klip Dagga flower petals harvested from wild plants in Ecuador by a Kichwa family with great attention to detail.
- Hand-picked one by one for the best quality
- Harvested from wild plants with no fertilizers used
- Only mature flowers are harvested
- Naturally sweet with a pleasant odor when burned
- Traditionally used for calming and sedating sensations
Klip Dagga is native to higher altitudes of the Andes Mountain range and its flowers are traditionally smoked or consumed as tea. According to traditional beliefs, they induce calming and sedating sensations.
Klip Dagga is a large evergreen shrub that belongs to the mint family. It grows up to 3 meters tall and has whorls of striking lipped flowers that are most commonly orange but can vary to red, white, and purple. Its flowers are a favorite amongst hummingbirds and butterflies, and it has very soft serrated leaves that can grow up to 4 inches wide.
Studies have shown that Cirsiliol, a flavone commonly found in Lamiaceae species, has antitumoral activity in mice without noticeable side effects. Klip Dagga also has microbial and antileishmanial effects, which means that it can help prevent the growth of sand-fly larvae under the skin.
- de Oliveira, Diego Pinto et al. ‘Exploring the bioactivity potential of Leonotis nepetifolia : phytochemical composition, antimicrobial and antileishmanial activities of extracts from different anatomical parts.’ Natural product research vol. 35,18 (2021): 3120-3125. doi:10.1080/14786419.2019.1686367
- Oliveira, Ana P et al. ‘Î²-Cyclodextrin complex improves the bioavailability and antitumor potential of cirsiliol, a flavone isolated from Leonotis nepetifolia (Lamiaceae).’ Heliyon vol. 5,10 e01692. 1 Nov. 2019, doi:10.1016/j.heliyon.2019.e01692
Experience the natural sweetness and calming effects of Klip Dagga flower petals by purchasing from Wisdom of Plants Institute today.